Friday, May 7, 2010

Theater Profile

When I first started to look around for theatre I first started looking for them in New York. I wanted to focus more in the off Broadway genres. Then I realized that even though I did find some theatres that where pretty cool, I still did not choose any because I am familiar with. I don’t know what possessed me, but I ‘m like let me see what kind of theatres are in the good state of Pennsylvania. I stumble upon a company called Sight and Sound Theatres. They have actually two locations, one in Strasburg, PA and another one in Branson, Missouri.
The style of theatre they do is Christian theatre. In similarity to Disney World they seem to pull out all the tricks out of hat. One of their slogans simply says that they bring the Bible to life. The things that separates them is that they our positioned in somewhat suburban, out of the way towns. What I mean by that is that they are not positioned in a geographical location that you would think theatre is perdominate. When people think of theatre they either think New York or LA. Even LA is not even perdominate in theatre; they are more of the silver screen type deals. As anything that is perceived as Christian or religious usually has the goal to bring one closer to the call of God. I respect this totally in the since that this is another way to draw people into the church. Theatre or movies in the day where always considered undesired by God and look down upon. I don’t believe that all and I think it is great that Religion can get their hands wet in the realms of theatre. There is a wide range of stories this theatre covers.
The theatre that seems to be like the parent theatre would be the one in Strasburg, Pa mainly because it seems to have more shows played. When you go on to their site you can see that the one in Pennsylvania is the one that is the home site. Although I’m not familiar with either one of the areas I figure that the one that is in better location is Pennsylvania.
Most of the shows they do are really popular Christian stories that people should recognize. Around later to mid October the holiday season starts to kick in and this year they are having two shows this holiday season. What people really enjoy about their musicals is that everything is detailed and chorergrahed well. They are known for having big cast including men, women, and child. What really sets them apart is that they have extravagant – trained animals in there productions. They are known for walking calmly along the sides of isles.
Here are some of their shows and the plot that goes along with them, along with some general information. Starting on March 6th Sight and Sound are introducing the new show Musical called Joseph, and that will run until October 30th 2010. Starting April 24th the Sight and Sound theatre is holding the new play called Psalms of David. The runtime of this musical is a little bit shorter and it ends September 25 2010. If you are wondering where you and the family should go to get a great evening out in the spirit of Holidays, you should come to Sight and Sounds two holiday musicals. Voices of Christmas open October 30 and Miracle of Christmas opens the 20th of November. Both Musicals will end December 30, 2010. Anymore information; such as; tickets, schedules and etcetera, please go to www.sigh-sound.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment